There are many ways in which congregations can function as partners with Flatirons Habitat for Humanity. The following are some of the available options:
- Pray for the ministry of Habitat for Humanity by including the needs of Habitat in
your Prayer Circle.
- Support Habitat for Humanity through participation in the Grocery Card program.
- Sponsor a Habitat home.
- Participate in a Hope Builders Partnership, providing financial, volunteer, and in-kind resources toward the sponsorship of a home.
- Support Habitat for Humanity through a line item in the congregation’s missions/outreach budget.
- Provide financial support through special collections held during the various seasons of the year.
- Organize a team to help build a home.
- Organize a Habitat Ministry Team in the congregation to serve as advocates and organizers for Habitat for Humanity.
- Select one or more members of the congregation to become actively involved with the Habitat Faith Connections Committee or other affiliate committees of their choice.
- Have a pastor or ministerial staff member be a chef in the Holy Smokes clergy cook-off.
- Provide entertainment for a small Habitat event such as Holy Smokes, a house blessing, or a groundbreaking ceremony.
- Have a pastor or ministerial staff member participate in the Clergy Build Days during Building on Faith Week.
- Use the liturgy for Building on Faith Week provided by Habitat for Humanity in a worship service.
- Host a Temple Talk, in which a representative of Habitat for Humanity will be invited to speak to the congregation or a group within the congregation.