At Flatirons Habitat for Humanity, we are serious about establishing mutually beneficial partnerships with the faith community. We seek donations, volunteers, and prayer support from all area congregations. At the same time, we seek to partner with congregations in ways that enhance their progress toward achieving their own goals in areas that include missions, fellowship, and leadership. We offer a wide range of opportunities for partnership for the purpose of helping congregations tailor their relationship with us to fit their particular needs and abilities.
Partner congregations benefit from their relationship with Flatirons Habitat for Humanity in numerous ways:
- Engaging in ministry with an established faith-based housing organization that has a well established and highly respected international reputation.
- Accessing a number of resources available through Flatirons Habitat to build enthusiasm among the congregation, such as knowledgeable speakers, engaging videos, and printed materials.
- Providing members with a tangible opportunity to put faith into action both locally and globally and to see evidence of their faith having an impact on families and in our community through the projects.
- Allowing individuals with a variety of skills the chance to respond to the needs of others and giving people the opportunity to learn new skills that benefit their church and community. Habitat has a wide variety of volunteer needs, and all individuals have skills that are useful for Habitat volunteer work.
- Attracting new members and involving inactive members as they work side by side with other people from the congregation.
- Building a sense of community and developing leadership abilities among members of a congregation, especially those who participate in the Habitat project.
- Communicating the message of being a caring and compassionate congregation called to action.
- Leading many people to grow in their faith and desire to serve God.